Online Ph.D. Applied Behavior Analysis, Credential Track
- 4 Years Full-Time (Post-Master’s)
Through systematic interventions, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) seeks to positively improve socially significant behaviors, including academics, social skills, and adaptive skills. Graduates of ABA programs have found successful careers working with various populations in the following settings: Business Educational Clinical Nonprofit Government agencies The online Ph.D. in Applied Behavior Analysis:Credential Track program is designed for […]
Through systematic interventions, Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA) seeks to positively improve socially significant behaviors, including academics, social skills, and adaptive skills. Graduates of ABA programs have found successful careers working with various populations in the following settings:
- Government agencies
国产偷拍视频The online Ph.D. in Applied Behavior Analysis:Credential Track program is designed for those who wish to enroll in the Ph.D. ABA program at the post‐master’s point of entry, but who do not have the required Master’s degree and/or are have not completed the required curriculum to be eligible to become a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA).
Online Ph.D. in Applied Behavior Analysis Credentialing Track: Student Experience
Through the convenience of The Chicago School’s online Ph.D. programs, your life remains intact as you earn your online applied behavior analysis degree. Our online Global Student Dashboard is where you will find all of the components to successfully complete your online ABA program. There, you’ll find your coursework and assignments, interact with fellow students, and are asked questions from your instructor.
Concepts and Principles in Behavior Analysis
国产偷拍视频Behavior analysis is a natural science approach to studying behavior. A key operating assumption is that behavior is a legitimate subject matter in its own right, and is not the result of processes occurring within the individual. This course instructs students in the basic principles of operant and respondent conditioning, selection by consequences, and the research literature from which the principles were derived. The course also addresses the philosophical assumptions of behavior analysis (i.e., radical behaviorism).
Observation and Measurement
国产偷拍视频This course addresses behavioral definition, data collection, inter-observer agreement, and data displays. Students learn to employ and evaluate various measurement and display techniques and to interpret data displays.
For information on where The Chicago School of Professional Psychology meets, does not meet, or has not determined if the program meets licensure eligibility requirements for the state in which you wish to be licensed, please visit: http://ifso-apc2019.com/admissions/licensure-disclosures/.
国产偷拍视频Students completing the M.S. ABA program as part of the 5-year post-baccalaureate Ph.D. program will complete a portion of supervised fieldwork required to seek the BCBA® credential. Students are responsible for completing the other portion of supervised fieldwork outside of the ABA program.
Students applying to the Ph.D. in, Behavior Analysis Specialization program must submit the following:
c/o The Chicago School of Professional Psychology
203 N. LaSalle Street, Suite 1900
Chicago, IL 60601
国产偷拍视频Students applying to the Ph.D. in Applied Behavior Analysis: Credentialing Track must submit the following:
- Application Fee: $50
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Essay – Please answer the following two questions on separate sheets of paper (approximately 500 words each).
- Describe the areas of applied behavior analysis that most interest you – including your professional goals – and how those interests developed. How will completion of the doctoral program in Applied Behavior Analysis facilitate achieving your professional goals?
- As a behavior analyst, you are likely to work and study with people from many different backgrounds. Tell us some of the challenges you see studying and working with people different from yourself, and what you would contribute to your interactions.
- Official College/University Transcripts
- Students must submit official transcripts from all schools where degrees have been earned. The Chicago School requires that all schools be regionally accredited higher education institutions. Official transcripts may be sent directly from the institution or with your application for admission as long as they are official, sealed, and signed across the envelope flap when they arrive.
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Appropriate recommendations are from professors and/or supervisors from significant work or volunteer experiences, who can appraise your academic or professional performance. If you are mailing in your letters, they should arrive in a sealed envelope, signed across the seal. You can also submit the letters online via the applicant portal.
Application to The Chicago School of Professional Psychology’s Ph.D. Applied Behavior Analysis program (post‐Master’s) is open to any person who has earned a Master’s degree as specified below from a regionally accredited institution and who meets other entrance requirements. The school admits applicants whom it judges to possess sufficient academic aptitude, as well as the emotional and social maturity to function effectively as a professional behavior analyst. Applicants will be judged on their overall ability to engage in graduate work.
国产偷拍视频Factors considered in admission are:
- Undergraduate and any graduate coursework
- GPA from undergraduate and graduate schools
- Successful work history
- Admission essay(s)
- Letters of recommendation from academic professors or professional or volunteer experience supervisors
国产偷拍视频An undergraduate or graduate GPA of a 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale is required for admission to the school’s Online Applied Behavior Analysis doctoral program.
Applicants must submit official transcripts from all schools where a degree was earned. It is recommended that transcripts are submitted from all schools where credit was received to enhance their applications.
Applicants for admission to the Ph.D. post-master’s must fall into one of these three categories:
- Category A: Have a master’s degree in psychology, education, behavior analysis, or other related degree recognized by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB®) and hold a current BCBA® certification in good standing.
- Category B: Have a master’s degree in psychology, education, behavior analysis, or other related degree recognized by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB®) and have completed the BACB® approved courses required to qualify for the BCBA® credentialing examination (based on the Fourth Edition Task) list.
- Category C: Have a master’s degree in psychology, education, behavior analysis, or other related degree recognized by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB®) and have not completed the BACB® approved courses required to qualify for the BCBA® credentialing examination (based on the Fourth Edition Task) list. Students admitted upon category C will be required to successfully complete the Credentialing Track requirements (28 credits).
The Chicago School is dedicated to keeping our professional degree programs accessible to anyone regardless of financial status. In addition to the scholarships that may be available, our Financial Aid department will help provide you with information to determine what financial arrangements are right for you.
国产偷拍视频Learn more about Financial Aid, Tuition and Fees.Learn More