International Admissions FAQs

Applying to The Chicago School

Q: When is the application deadline?
A: Deadlines may vary by program. Please visit our deadlines pages for early and general consideration dates for each program.

Q: What if I miss a general consideration deadline for one of the programs?
国产偷拍视频 A: To find out if space is still available, please contact the Global Enrollment Office.

Telephone: +1-312-462-0377
Toll-free: (800) 747-8367

  • Through Flywire
  • Q: What is Flywire?
    A: The Chicago School of Professional Psychology has partnered with Flywire to streamline the international payment process. Flywire allows you to pay securely from any country and any bank, typically in your home currency. By making your payment with Flywire you can:

    • Track your payments from start to finish
    • Save on bank fees and exchange rates
    • Contact their multilingual customer support team with any questions, day or night

    国产偷拍视频To get started, go to to begin the payment process. If you have questions about making an international payment, visit .

    Q:  I’ve been accepted. How do I deposit and what are the steps to getting a student visa?
    国产偷拍视频 A:  Once admitted, international students can find information on next steps .


    Q: Where are your campuses located?
    国产偷拍视频 A: The Chicago School has campuses in Chicago, Washington D.C., Los Angeles, Irvine, and San Diego.

    Q: Do you provide housing?
    A: As our campuses are located in city centers with rental housing readily available, The Chicago School does not have its own residence halls. Incoming students receive a detailed overview of moving and living in the city where they will be attending classes. Students are encouraged to contact the Global Enrollment Office for further assistance.

    Q: Do you have parking at your campuses?
    国产偷拍视频 A: No, but there are a number of hourly-fee garages near each of our campuses. Our Chicago, Los Angeles and Washington D.C. campuses are easily accessible by public transportation, which most of our faculty, staff, and students use.

    Q: Can international students receive a student visa while studying in a program offered online?
    国产偷拍视频 A:  No. Only students who are part of a degree program offered on one of our U.S. campuses are eligible to receive an F-1 (student) or J-1 (student) visa.

    Academic Programs

    Q:  Is The Chicago School APA Accredited?
    A:  The American Psychological Association (APA) does not accredit institutions, but rather specific types of doctoral programs within institutions (APA does not accredit programs at the master’s level). The Chicago School’s clinical doctoral Psy.D. program at the Chicago campus is accredited by the APA  The Chicago School is institutionally accredited through the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).

    Q: Are your programs accredited?
    A: The Chicago School is accredited by the Western Association of Schools & Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC). In addition, our Chicago campus Clinical Psychology doctoral program is accredited by the . The School Psychology Ed.S. program is approved by the and the National Association of Psychologists (NASP).

    Q:  Will The Chicago School degree be portable to another country?  How can I find this information?
    A:  Prospective students will need to research the requirements of licensure/employment of their field-of-interest in their home country in order to ascertain if the program offered at The Chicago School will meet licensure/employment criteria. This can be done by contacting accreditation bodies or home-country government organizations.

    Q:  Many programs are licensure eligible.  Are international students able to become licensed while completing their degree?
    A:  While there is no globally recognized license for psychology or its related fields, completion of some programs do allow an opportunity for licensure in the United States prior to the international student returning to their home country. Contact the Global Enrollment Office for specific details regarding licensure opportunities.

    Q: Can international students enroll in online or hybrid programs?
    A:  Students who reside outside the United States have several options to explore when considering an online program:
    • Online Programs: An added benefit of enrolling in a program that is offered fully online, is that your degree can be completed globally! To learn more about our fully online programs please click here.
    • Hybrid Programs requiring residency: Students who are part of a degree programs that may obtain an F-1 or J-1 student visa for the duration of the on-campus residency requirement. Please consult the TCSPP Low-Residency Details for international students for important immigration details regarding eligible programs.
    • Other visa options: Our goal is to be an active part of your TCSPP experience, and to support you in many ways. To begin, please see for important visa matters and details on how to manage your immigration status. Additionally, if you are considering study in another visa status other than F-1, our Global Enrollment Specialists in International Admissions are available to assist you in your navigation of your visa’s eligibility for study in the U.S. Please note that  U.S. immigration regulations stipulate that a “B” nonimmigrant (both B-1 visitors for business and B-2 visitors for pleasure) is strictly prohibited from enrolling in a degree program.

    Tuition and Financing

    Q: How can I find out what a program costs?
    A:  Program tuition国产偷拍视频 is determined by multiplying the cost-per-credit by the total number of credits in the program. The Global Enrollment Office can help explain the cost of your degree and help you explore your available financing options.

    Q:  Does The Chicago School offer full-tuition scholarships or stipends to its students?
    A:  No. The Chicago School’s primary focus is not on research production, and does not typically have graduate students teaching undergraduate students (two of the typical stipulations of full-tuition scholarships with stipends). Instead, students spend much of their time outside of the classroom on clinical, or real-world experiences. However, international students may qualify for an International Student Grant and may apply for other partial scholarships, such as .

    Q:  Do international students qualify for financial aid?
    A: To be eligible for U.S. Title IV (federal) financial aid, you must be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen. There is no need-based financial aid available to international students. However, international students may qualify for an International Student Grant. The Global Enrollment Office can help explain the cost of your degree and help you explore your available financing options.

    Q:  Can international students pay for school by working as a Teaching Assistant or by doing a research clerkship/assistantship?
    A:  While there are opportunities for clerkships/assistantships and for working as a TA, these are not common at The Chicago School. Most classes are taught by professors and the school’s emphasis is much more on applied psychology, as opposed to research psychology.

    Q:  How do international students pay for school?
    A:  Most international students attend the Chicago School utilizing private funds, private or home-government scholarships, sponsorships (private, family, or governmental) or a combination thereof.

    International Student Life

    Q: Are students required to have health insurance?
    A: All full-time international students in on-ground programs who are in F-1 and J-1 status are required to have health insurance coverage that meets minimum requirements as set forth by TCSPP in order to maintain their student status.

    国产偷拍视频All registered international students are automatically enrolled in the , unless proof of comparable coverage is submitted. If you apply to waive, you must document evidence of coverage through an online by the deadline of each semester.

    Q: Can international students work during their study?
    国产偷拍视频 A: Per immigration regulations, students on an F-1 visa are permitted to work during their study but only on campus. The Chicago School has a limited number of work opportunities for students on campus, including teaching and research assistantships. Additionally, students can work offsite at certain community partners as long as their position is paid by The Chicago School.

    Student may be eligible to apply for Curricular Practical Training (CPT) if they are in F-1 status and there are internship/practicum or other related opportunities that are an integral part of the student’s degree program, or students may be eligible for Optional Practical Training (OPT) upon completion of coursework. You can find more information .